- Established: 1808
- Population: 83,955 (2000 census)
- County Seat: Little Valley
- Tourism Region: Chautauqua-Allegheny
- Information: Cattaraugus County website
- Bordering Counties: Allegany, Chautauqua, Erie, Wyoming, McKean Pa.
- Area code: 716
- Origin of Name: A Seneca Indian word meaning "bad smelling banks", referring to the odor of the natural gas which leaked from seams in rock formations.
- Incorporated Cities: Olean, Salamanca
- Villages: Allegany, Cattaraugus, Delevan, East Randolph, Ellicottville, Franklinville, Gowanda*, Limestone, Little Valley, Perrysburg, Portville, Randolph, South Dayton
- Towns: Allegany, Ashford, Carrolton, Cold Spring, Conewango, Dayton, East Otto, Ellicottville, Farmersville, Franklinville, Freedon, Great Valley, Hinsdale, Humphrey, Ischua, Leon, Little Valley, Lyndon, Machias, Mansfield, Napoli, New Albion, Olean, Otto, Perrysburg, Persia, Portville, Randolph, Red House, Salamanca, South Valley, Yorkshire.
- Indian Reservations: Allegheny, Cattaraugus, Oil Spring
*Village of Gowanda also located in Erie County.
- Cattaraugus County is in NYSDOT Region 5, county code 51.
- List of county highways from Empire State Roads.
- Relevant exit guides: