- Established: 1798 (including Madison County), current boundaries established in 1806.
- Total Square Miles: 910.2
- Total Land Area: 582,528 Acres
- Population: 50,704 (2000 census)
- County Seat: Norwich
- Tourism Region: Central-Leatherstocking
- Bordering Counties: Broome, Cortland, Delaware, Madison, Otsego
- Area code: 607
- Origin of Name: From an Onondaga Indian word meaning "large bull-thistle".
- Incorporated Cities: Norwich
- Villages: Afton, Bainbridge, Earlville*, Greene, New Berlin, Oxford, Sherburne, Smyrna
- Towns: Afton, Bainbridge, Columbus, Coventry, German, Greene, Guilford, Lincklaen, McDonough, New Berlin, Norwich, Otselic, Oxford, Pharsalia, Pitcher, Plymouth, Sherburne, Smithville, Smyrna
* Village of Earlville is in both Chenango and Madison Counties.
- Chenango County is in NYSDOT Region 9 , county code 92.
- List of county highways from Empire State Roads.
- Relevant exit guides: