- Established: 1821
- Population: 950,265 (2000 census)
- County Seat: Buffalo
- Tourism Region: Greater Niagara Frontier
- Information: Erie County Works (official site)
- Bordering Counties: Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Genesee, Niagara, Wyoming
- Area code: 716
- Origin of Name: From the name of a tribe of Indians living in Western New York State prior to 165..
- Incorporated Cities: Buffalo, Lackawanna, Tonawanda
- Villages: Akron, Alden, Angola, Blasdell, Depew, East Aurora, Farnham, Gowanda*, Hamburg, Kenmore, Lancaster, North Collins, Orchard Park, Sloan, Williamsville
- Towns: Alden, Amherst, Aurora, Boston, Brant, Cheektowaga, Clarence, Colden, Collins, Concord, Eden, Elma, Evans, Grand Island, Hamburg, Holland, Lancaster, Marilla, Newstead, North Collins, Orchard Park, Sardinia, Tonawanda, Wales, West Seneca
- Indian Reservations: Cattaraugus, Tonawanda
* The Village of Gowanda is also in Cattaraugus County
- Erie County is in NYSDOT Region 5, county code 53.
- List of county highways from Empire State Roads.
- Relevant exit guides: