- Established: 1799
- Population: 38,851 (2000 census)
- County Seat: Elizabethtown
- Tourism Region: Adirondacks
- Information: Essex County website
- Bordering Counties: Clinton, Franklin, Hamiltion, Warren, Washington, Addison Vt., Chittenden Vt.
- Area code: 518
- Origin of Name: Named after the English county of Essex.
- Incorporated Cities: none
- Villages: Keeseville, Lake Placid, Port Henry, Saranac Lake*
- Towns: Chesterfield, Crown Point, Elizabethtown, Essex, Jay, Keene, Lewis, Minerva, Moriah, Newcomb, North Elba, North Hudson, St. Armand, Schroon, Ticonderoga, Westport, Willsboro, Wilmington
* Village of Saranac Lake is also in Franklin County
- The Adirondacks
- Essex County Business Council, A Division of the North Country Chamber of Commerce
- Lake Placid, New York
- Essex County is in NYSDOT Region 1 , county code 12.
- List of county highways from Empire State Roads.
- Relevant exit guides: