- Established: 1808
- Population: 51,134 (2000 census)
- County Seat: Malone
- Tourism Region: Adirondacks
- Information: County of Franklin website
- Bordering Counties: Clinton, Essex, Hamilton, St. Lawrence
- Area code: 518
- Origin of Name: In honor of Benjamin Franklin.
- Incorporated Cities: none
- Villages: Brushton, Burke, Chateaugay, Malone, Saranac Lake*, Tupper Lake
- Towns: Altamont, Bangor, Bellmont, Bombay, Brandon, Brighton, Burke, Chateaugay, Constable, Dickinson, Duane, Fort Covington, Franklin, Harrietstown, Malone, Moira, Santa Clara, Waverly, Westville
* Village of Saranac Lake is also in Essex County
- Essex County is in NYSDOT Region 7, county code 72.
- List of county highways from Empire State Roads.
- Relevant exit guides:
- none at this time (see Interstate 98)