- Established: 1791
- Population: 64,427 (2000 census)
- County Seat: Herkimer
- Tourism Region: Adirondacks (northern half), Central-Leatherstocking (southern half)
- Information: County of Herkimer
- Bordering Counties: Fulton, Hamilton, Lewis, Montgomery, Otsego, Oneida, St. Lawrence
- Area code: 315
- Origin of Name: Named after General Nicholas Herkimer, who died from battle wounds in 1777 after taking part in the Battle of Oriskany
- Incorporated Cities: Little Falls
- Villages: Dolgeville*, Cold Brook, Frankfort, Herkimer, Ilion, Mohawk, Middleville, Newport, Poland, West Winfield
- Towns: Columbia, Danubbe, Fairfield, Frankfort, German Flatts, Herkimer, Litchfield, Little Falls, Manheim, Newport, Norway, Ohio, Russia, Salisbury, Schuyler, Stark, Warren, Webb
* Village of Dolgeville is also in Fulton County
- Herkimer County is in NYSDOT Region 2, county code 23.
- List of county highways from Empire State Roads.
- Relevant exit guides: