- Established: March 21, 1806
- Population: 69,441 (2000 census)
- County Seat: Wampsville
- Tourism Region: Central-Leatherstocking
- Information: Madison County website
- Bordering Counties: Chenango, Herkimer, Onondaga, Oneida, Otsego, Oswego
- Area code: 315
- Origin of Name: named after James Madison, fourth President of the United States of America
- Incorporated Cities: Oneida
- Villages: Canastota, Cazenovia, Chittenango, DeRuyter, Earlville*, Hamilton, Madison, Morrisville, Munnsville, Wampsville
- Towns: Brookfield, Cazenovia, DeRuyter, Eaton, Fenner, Georgetown, Hamilton, Lebanon, Lenox, Lincoln, Madison, Nelson, Smithfield, Stockbridge, Sullivan
- Indian Reservations: Oneida Indian Nation
* Village of Earlville is also in Chenango County
- Madison County is in NYSDOT Region 2, county code 24.
- List of county highways from Empire State Roads.
- Relevant exit guides: