- Established: 1812
- Population: 95,745 (2000 census)
- County Seat: Carmel
- Tourism Region: Hudson Valley
- Information: Putnam County Official
- Bordering Counties: Dutchess, Orange, Ulster, Westchester,
- Area code: 845
- Origin of Name: In honor of Israel Putnam, who was a hero in the French
and Indian War and a general in the American Revolutionary War.
- Incorporated Cities: none
- Villages: Brewster, Cold Spring, Nelsonville
- Towns: Carmel, Kent, Patterson, Phillipstown, Putnam Valley,
- Putnam County is in NYSDOT Region 8, county code 84.
- Construction information:here.
- List of county highways from Empire
- Relevant exit guides: