- Established: 1809
- Population: 146,555 (2000 census)
- County Seat: Schenectady
- Tourism Region: Capital District
- Information: Schenectady County website
- Bordering Counties: Albany, Montgomery, Saratoga, Schoharie
- Area code: 518
- Origin of Name: From a Mohawk Indian word meaning "on the other side of the pine lands."
- Incorporated Cities: Schenectady
- Villages: Delanson, Scotia
- Towns: Duanesburg, Glenville, Niskayuna, Princetown, Rotterdam
- Schenectady County is in NYSDOT Region 1, county code 16.
- List of county highways from Empire State Roads.
- Relevant exit guides: